Wednesday, November 30, 2005

That mysterious guy in my life

The very mention of his name gave me strange chemical reactions in my body. My face would turn red. I would then feel a gush of blood in my nerves. I had never seen him but I knew a lot about him. I should say I had an inner urge to meet him. Strange! I was curious about a person whom I had never met. Yes he disturbed me in my dreams too. His name did have a lot of control over me and people used that weakness too.

I was 6 years old then. His name was (or is) Poochandi. I was told he looked shabby, unshaved and dirty. He always carried a big bag in which he imprisons kids and take them away. He always targets kids who don’t eat properly or do not obey parents.

I had a lot of questions about him for which I never got answers. Where does he take the kids? Where does he come from? What does he do with the kids? Why is he always a shabby guy? How does he know which kids disobey their parents?

I found out later that this Poochandi was a menace to every kid. None of my friends had answers to these questions. At one point of time I was really irritated about him that I decided to face him. I wanted to put an end to all problems caused by him to our kids community.

It was a rainy day. I stood on the top of the terrace getting drenched in the rain. Yah I did like rain. First my mom came out.

Mom: (shouting) come in don’t get wet. Poochandi will take u away if u stand there.
Me: No. I won’t.
Mom: Look Vibha u r a good girl. Come in.
Me: I am not a good girl today.
Dad: (coming out) I will get u dairy milk chocolate if u come in.
Me: I don’t want it.
Dad: (Now irritated) U r much more troublesome than a guy. Why don’t u obey? I never wanted this kind of a girl.
Me: (with a sorrowful look) Daddy… but
Dad: (Now melting at my look) See why do want to stay in rain. U will get fever and doctor will give u injection.
Me: That’s okay for once.
Dad: (puzzled) For once? Why?
Me: Today I am going to kill that Poochandi
Mom and Dad: (Laughing) How? U r so small but he is powerful and big.
Me: (with a heroic smile) But today it is my day. All kids will be relieved.
(Then I proudly lifted a packet full of hydrogen bombs, a knife and scissors)
Dad: (Admiring my weapons) Ohh u r a brave girl. But he wont come today.
Me: Why is Sunday a holiday for him?
Mom and Dad (now laughing): He will never come.
Me: ???

My dad came and carried me in and I didn’t resist. Then he told me that the whole issue of Poochandi is just imagination. My dreams of heroic victory over the villain got scattered. I had pictured myself as Rajinikanth or Alexander the great defeating this Poochandi. Well I didn’t give up the thought that I had a hero in me. I am still searching for a villain.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

Funny.. :-).. Perhaps I am that villain... muahahaha..

11/30/2005 05:34:00 PM  
Blogger Camphor said...

lol.
Very funny. And cute. And brave.
We used to be scared by "Rendu Kaanu Kaaran" ... never mind that EVERYone has two eyes, there was just this menace in the way they said the guy with two eyes / or the guy with two legs...or somethign equally simple.

11/30/2005 06:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi vibha... nice post!!

12/01/2005 06:22:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Leon
Hey Thanks. Now r u ready for the fight villain?
@Camphor
Thanks. I have heard of that rendu kannu kaaran too. Yah those funny times in life....
@Divya
Thanks for visiting my post. Glad that u liked it.

12/01/2005 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Harish Suryanarayana said...

Hey there .. my exams are done , thanks for the wishes .

12/02/2005 01:17:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Harish
Hope u did them well.

12/02/2005 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Richard Long said...

Beautiful story!

1/20/2007 12:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home