Monday, December 05, 2005

20 facts about me


Generally I don’t like bragging but being tagged I am forced to do so (err…).Here are the 20 facts about me.

1. I love arguing. I do this only with a few people. I generally nod my head to boring lectures.
2. I speak really fast. My speed sometimes goes up to 22 lines per minute. My Prof asked me to slow down during a presentation and I had a tough time. (so did the other students)
3. I believe in this. “ I don’t want a certain number of friends. I want a number of friends I can be certain of.” Yes I am very much attached to a small number of friends.
4. I am a happy person because I take many things easy. It is really difficult to hurt me.
5. Americans find me attractive. (Truth!!) I was flying when they were so open to say this but….Indians don’t. What is the use? My dream man happens to be a tall, dark and handsome Tamilian with sharp nose and big eyes. I call him Samanth.(after the hero of a tamil novel)
6. I am a vegetarian. I am on the top of the food chain among humans. I can stand people eating non veg. I don’t mind even if they want to eat it in my plate. But however I just can’t stand the smell of cooking fish or mutton.
7. I love to read and write poetry in Tamil. I have helped my friends by giving them really romantic poetry to impress someone. (Anyone wants help? U can contact me!)
8. Every new thing excites me. So easy to make me excited and happy.
9. I don’t generally care for what others think. I try to be honest in telling what I think. . Few people like this kind of openess.
10. Majority of my friends happen to be guys. I bet every guy who is my friend treats me as a guy too. Of course there is lot of boyish character in me and I am proud of that (deepest secret). I also feel 90% of the girls are boring (in the place where I grew up).
11. I hate getting up early in the morning. When I get up I look at the alarm clock with immense hatred and anger. Of course the clock is not mine. I even feel like throwing it out.
12. I have never been to kitchen (for cooking) before I came here. For 21 years my mom used to make beverage for me every morning as soon as I get up and make me drink it. I don’t even wash the cup. But now look at my plight. I cook every weekend and store the food for rest of the week. I learnt cooking by experimenting (on people too!!). Now I realize how sweet home is.
13. Music is my passion. I love singing and listening to music. All kinds a music are good- karnatic, hindustani, light etc. In light music harish raghavendra is my favorite.
14. I love people who care for me. Though they are rude to me I always understand that they want a better me.
15. I have traveled almost every state in India except Gujarat. Not only me my mom and my dad also love traveling.
16. Being the only lovely (??) daughter to my parents I am very much attached to them. I spend a lot of time talking to them esp. during the weekends.
17. I like philosophy - Western as well as oriental. I like Ayn Rand and also Nietzsche.
18. During my undergrad I have never missed any dumb Vijayakanth movie. My friends and me occupy the majority of the empty seats in the theater and comment like anything. More dumb the movie is more the comments and hence more the fun. I have even travelled in the footboard of a crowded bus to get the ticket for a dumb Vijayakanth movie. (Because I know the film will not be in that theater more than 3 days of its release.)
19. I love playing cards. Very few people can beat me in rammi. None can beat me in mangaatha. (Got training from a professional rowdy in one of the platforms of Chennai.)
20. My first crush is my professor in undergrad. (err he looks good...)
Now it is my turn to tag. I don't want to tag but I think it would be fun in knowing about the Monk.

16 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/05/2005 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Harish Suryanarayana said...

//I am a happy person because I take many things easy. It is really difficult to hurt me.

I believe this particular trait will keep you happy for most of your life .
Nice post

12/06/2005 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Harish
Thanks.

12/06/2005 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger Leon said...

Thanks for doing the tag.. :-)

You don't like bragging huh?.. ;-).

12/06/2005 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Camphor said...

//Being the only lovely (??) daughter

Skip the (??). TNR for you to add unecessary question marks at trivially vague points.
Er. Translation would be, skip the (??), you know you don't need to question that. There is more to a person than physical appearance, and #20 tells me that even that is quite decent.

12/06/2005 06:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@ Leon
Welcome Leon. Yah I dont like bragging. So now u have taken the responsibility for all the bragging I did in this post. Thanks for making me do that. :p)

12/06/2005 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@ Camphor
Actually my parents dont always find me lovely...... esp. when I sit with a book in a corner and do nothing apart from getting absorbed into the book. one another fact about me!!
Thanks Camphor and I will avoid question marks.

12/06/2005 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger the Monk said...

hey, that made for good reading...u have contacts with rowdies?uh, then i'd better take ur tag...actually...i already have done 20 things tag...it's on my blog...check it out...

12/06/2005 08:16:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Monk
yah I have links with many rowdies. so beware. read facts about u. now i understand why u r a monk

12/07/2005 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Camphor said...

Really? I guess I'm lucky that way. If my parents ever disliked my being buried in books, they never showed it... Well, on one or two occasions, but really, they had not problem that I was a abookworm becuase my brother kept them on their toes. :)

12/08/2005 12:54:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Camphor
Lucky u...

12/08/2005 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Samanth Subramanian / Baradwaj Rangan said...

Being named as I am, Vibha, I'm incredibly curious - which Tamil novel is the Samanth chappie the hero of?

12/12/2005 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Samanth
I dont remember the title. It is a novel by Sujatha. Some science fiction story.... something like the butterfly effect.
b/w nice to see a person named like my hero.

12/12/2005 09:32:00 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

ok nice nice.. *impressed*
Yes, I agree.. 90% of the gals are dumb and boring.. lol@Harish raghavendra.. Is he the minnale guy??
I am also an expert in rammi although not very gud in mangaatha?? ulle velliye? hmmm.. this post of yours brought back memories.. Nice nice.. did i say that already?? sorry :D

12/14/2005 04:47:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Optimist
Thanks. yah he is the minnale guy.
Mmm pretty long comment. thanks again.

12/14/2005 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger Sahaana PC said...

Hi vibha,

all your 20 comments are awesome and i can see there are lot of similarities between us...LOL

4/05/2011 02:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home